Ringwood Carnival Society takes the privacy of its supporters and volunteers very seriously.
- We will never pass your details on to third parties without your consent
- We only hold your ‘personal’ data when you provide it to us, e.g. when you register to take part in the procession, make donation, purchase tickets etc.
By visiting our website or participating in our activities, you agree to your personal information being collected and used in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice as updated from time to time.
Ringwood Carnival Society is the Data Controller:
In this policy, the words ‘we’,’us’ or ‘our’ refer to Ringwood Carnival Society.
Ringwood Carnival Society is a registered charity in England and Wales No: 1091788. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect the following types of information:
Personal Information such as: name, postal address, telephone number, email address. This is taken from the information you voluntarily submit via contact forms on the website, correspondence, phone calls, donations, sponsorship etc.
How we use your information:
We will use your personal information for the legitimate interest of conducting the core activities of the charity, these will include:
- Administer your request to be in the procession
- Administer your request for a stall on the village green
- Administer your request for VIP tickets to the carnival
- Administer your request to volunteer and support us
- Administer donations
- Administer and manage sponsorship
- Provide you with information and updates on our activities
- To present our website and its contents to you and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purposes with your consent
We may use third party service providers to help us operate the charity and our website or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out our newsletter. We may share your information with those third parties for those limited purposes.
How you are in control:
If you have opted in to our mailing list and wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please see the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may notify us by email of your wish to unsubscribe at email@example.com
If you for any other reason you have concerns or questions regarding the data we may hold about you then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we store your personal data:
How long we keep your information for:
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, process your request, donation or any other services provided by us. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, financial records must be kept for 7 years. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
No transmission via the internet is wholly secure, so we urge you to safeguard your data by protecting your computer with anti-virus software and ensuring your data is being transmitted securely. Any information you choose to send to us is carried out at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites:
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such privacy policies. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this policy:
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. A cookie often contains a unique number which can be used to recognise your device, when a user of this device returns to a website that it has visited before.
Last updated May 2019.